When the clutch works, it is a great piece of machinery. When it starts to act up, however, it can suddenly cause a lot of problems. That’s why you will want to consider upgrading your clutch over time or when it isn’t acting right. Clutch kits are available that make it fairly simple to change a clutch these days or even to upgrade to a performance part if you want something different.
If you aren’t sure that it’s time, here are eight good reasons to change the clutch in your vehicle.
- Your old one is failing. Of course, this might be obvious, but it’s worth mentioning. If you notice burning smells, slipping, or other issues with your gear shifts and acceleration, it might be a sign that your old clutch is starting to go bad.
- You’ve upgraded to performance engine parts. If you upgrade your engine or exhaust system with performance parts, you’re going to want to upgrade the rest of your vehicle so that it can keep up.
- You are replacing your brakes and want to match the performance. The clutch and brakes spend a lot of time working together to help the engine stop and go. In many cases, people decide to upgrade to performance brakes and that means that they will also want to upgrade to performance clutches.
- Gears are slipping. This can be because the old clutch is failing, as mentioned above, or just because the clutch can’t keep up with the rest of the vehicle.
- Poor acceleration. If you notice that your car isn’t accelerating as it should, the clutch could be part of the problem. An upgrade can resolve this issue.
- Squeaking, grumbling, rubbing, or other noises. These are usually easy to notice since they’ll come right from the area of the clutch or under the hood. Anytime you hear a noise, you’ll want to diagnose it immediately.
- Your performance is poor in general. If your car isn’t getting the power or performance that it should, it could be because the clutch is going bad. You can find plenty of aftermarket clutch kits to guarantee better performance and match your other upgrades.
- You want a different style of clutch. Today, there are several different options for clutches, including dual-plate models and custom designs that even come in various colours.
Remember to consider all the options and work with the professionals to get the best performance parts. If you’re not familiar with cars or haven’t done much work before, the clutch replacement should also be left to someone who knows what they’re doing.
Always Upgrade When You Can
If you’re going to keep your car in performance shape, you’ve got to make sure that she’s always ready to perform. Part of that includes upgrading the right performance parts, from brakes to shocks, engine and transmission parts, and so much more. The modern world of aftermarket car clutches ensures that there is something for just about every need. And, if you’re not sure, you can consult with a performance parts brand to get their input before you upgrade.